As a global company we’re passionate about leaving the world a better place than we found it and we care about the impact our actions will have on the environment. Enable is invested in the sustainability and wellbeing of our future and is committed to reducing our carbon footprint by implementing environmentally friendly initiatives – Green is not just our color.
Forests are essential to life. They clean the air we breathe and help to regulate our climate. Every 1.2 seconds man destroys an area of forest the size of a football field. We are frankly scared by the impact of deforestation and the release of carbon on our world. We know we all have a role to play to slow the climate crisis.
Therefore, we will be contributing towards reforestation where the world needs it most by partnering with One Tree Planted who since 2014, have more than doubled the number of trees planted each year. The generally accepted math is that one tree will absorb 10kg of CO2 per year.
Enable is going to plant trees for every single new customer that we sign. However, we aren’t stopping there! The world is opening up again post pandemic and as a global team we know that the best results happen when people are face to face with each other. We are a people business. Our travel and therefore our carbon footprint will increase. So, for every return flight we make for business purposes we are planting a further 50 trees.
We are small but we can punch above our weight and make a difference!
Other ways Enable will be taking action to help the environment:
• Aiming and working towards achieving 100% carbon neutral cloud infrastructure by 2025.
• Aiming to use 100% renewable energy at each Enable office, with a commitment to make our UK office 100% renewable powered in 2022.
• Minimizing waste and pursuing the principle of “reduce, re-use, recycle,” while ensuring responsible disposal of electronics hardware.
• Ensuring environmental concerns are taken into account when procuring goods and services by choosing the right partners. Enable will put precedence on companies that have implemented green practices and/or are using sustainable or biodegradable products.
• Educating our staff and customers on environmental topics, the steps Enable are taking to minimize our own carbon footprint, and what they can do to join our fight.
• Providing channels that will allow staff to offer feedback and suggestions, and an avenue for them to participate in and contribute to the efforts Enable is making.
• Exploring employee incentives, for example by offering electric vehicle charging points at our UK office allowing for free charging and offering commuter incentives in the US office.
• Working towards becoming a signatory of The Climate Pledge to achieve a net zero carbon by 2040.
Green is not just our color!